Ola Electric Scooter Fire Catch in Pune and Company Responds


Table of Contents

Ola Electric Scooter Fire Catch

Ola, responding to the electric scooter fire incident that happened in Pune on Sunday, indicated that our investigation shows that there was a short circuit in the aftermarket parts used in the scooter, which caused the incident.

The firm also affirmed that the car’s battery is undamaged and intact.

Also Read:- Rivot NX100 All Variants Explain With Price, Range and Features

Ola Electric Responds 

It also declared, “The customer is safe and secure.”


A user had uploaded the video of the incident on X, declaring that the model of the scooter was Ola S1 which caught fire near the parking lot of DY Patil College in Pimpri Chinchwad.
“Shocking… Ola S1 shot in parking lot near DY Patil Institute Pimpri Pune,” the user has written.
Pune Mirror is the first to publish this news.

The video demonstrates huge smoke coming out of a scooter with water hoses being utilized by fire brigade team.
The scooter was extensively damaged, but no one was hurt, thankfully.

This is the second such case involving Ola’s e-scooter in Pune. Another Ola S1 Pro scooter caught fire in March 2022 in Dhanori, Pune.

An Ola electric scooter valued at Rs 1.49 lakh purportedly went up in flames in July this year at a household in Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram district.

However, another X user reported a similar incident on October 20 which refered to Ola S1 Pro catching fire.
“Hello everyone, I am Abhijeet Singh, actually I am facing a lot of problems from Ola Electric. And I am saying this because on 24th August at around 11: The user said: “Fire broke out at around 3pm my Ola S1 Pro There was a fire accident at – 12:00 AM. So after some efforts, we managed to extinguish the fire,” the user said.

Also Read:- Ola Electric Scooters Battery Replacement Cost: S1 Air, S1 Pro and S1X

Leave a comment